[mapserver-users] install issues

Chris h chris123 at magma.ca
Sat Nov 22 17:58:19 EST 2008

On Saturday 22 November 2008 16:58:32 you wrote:

> Try providing the full path to the map file.  Something like
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/opt/maps/world.map&mode=browse&layers
>=all&mode=map

Apologies in advance as total nube at this. The map exists in the postgesql db
and the mapfile makes a call to that db to render it via mapserver processes.
At least that's how I understand the references sited and followed. ????

The shapefile download was processed into a .sgl file and loaded into the
spatially enabled db. The mapfile presented is supposed to make a call to
that db. Perhaps Im missing something as I see no significant errors in the
postgresql logs. The processes dont seem to be talking to each other.

Many thanks for your comments however.

--
/ch