[mapserver-users] WMS in Google Earth

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 2 16:40:06 EDT 2008

Back with my local WMS on GE problem.  I think it has something to do
with the wms_onlineresource in WEB METADATA.

I downloaded the gmap datas, which are already in GE as the last WMS
service available, to be able to test locally what is already working on
the internet.  At first, it worked in GE.  Then, I noticed that the
wms_onlineresource was set to :
    "http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?"
which seemed wrong to me, because my other map doesn't exist on the
internet, only locally.

So I changed it to :

"http://127.0.0.1:port/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/my/local/path/gmap75_wms.map&"
and then I doesn't work anymore...  also tried :
    "http://127.0.0.1:port/cgi-bin/mapserv?"
no result...

I must be close the the answer.  I have searched a lot over the internet
but I haven't found anything yet.  Any hints ?

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears