[mapserver-users] WMS don't load

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Oct 7 16:35:55 EDT 2008

Did you find a solution to your problem?

If not then perhaps try looking at the debug output... i.e. set 'DEBUG
5' in your WMS client layer definition and set 'CONFIG MS_ERRORFILE
"C:\ms4w\mapserver.log"' at the top-level in your mapfile, and then look
at the mapserver.log output you get from both servers... the difference
in output may tell you what is going wrong.

More info on the use of DEBUG and MS_ERRORFILE at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-28/

Daniel

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca wrote:

> Here is an update...
> shp2img is now working on both servers. shp2img could not find EPSG file.
> setEnv PROJ_LIB was in httpd.conf of apache but was not in my OS
> environment variable. After defining PROJ_LIB on the OS ishp2img is
> working and create an image.
> So I guess shp2img doesn't use apache.....
>
> So, the mapfile is ok. But I still not see the wms image when running
> the mapfile from mapServer with
> http://ipaddress/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=\ms4w\inspq\map\TutorielStatic.map&mode=map
>

> Maybe there is another environment variable I must define?
> Someone knows where I can find a list of variable to set on the OS?
> thanks
> Steve
>

> /Steve Toutant, M. Sc./
> Analyste en géomatique
> Secteur environnement
> Direction des risques biologiques, environnementaux et occupationnels
> Institut national de santé publique du Québec
> 945, avenue Wolfe
> Québec, Qc G1V 5B3
>
> Tél.: (418) 650-5115 #5281
> Fax.: (418) 654-3144_