[mapserver-users] routing problem

Kurt mtrp36 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:48:19 EDT 2008

Hi,
I understand that this may not be the right place to ask these
questions. But I think there might be experts here could give me some
suggestions. Thanks in advance.

1. Is the Dijkstra's algorithm
generally used to find the shortest path between point A and B like
google maps and mapquest do. If this is not the case, what algorithms
can perform better?
2. Are there references that detail how to
apply Dijkstra's or other algorithms on the digital data (such as Tiger
file in PostGIS). What attributes should I look into?
3. Does
multi-mode routing problem use the same algorithm? I am wondering if
there is any step-by-step guides or references that I can learn from.

Thanks again

Kurt