[mapserver-users] How to make Mapserver ADA 508 Compliant?

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Oct 7 19:01:50 EDT 2008

John,

Yes, MapServer can make Client side imagemaps with templates.  I've used this capability for the same reasons you have cited, 508 compliance.

These links should get you started:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/templatereference/templatereference/view
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/imagemaps

bobb

****************  You can't be late until you show up.  ***************
************  You never learn anything by doing it right.  ************
***  War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.  ***

>>> John Kim <jkim at sciences.sdsu.edu> 10/07/08 3:42 PM >>>
Hi,

How can I make my Mapserver instance comply with the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) Section 508? ADA 508 says that client-side
image maps should be used instead of server-side image maps. Is there
a way to make Mapserver do client-side image maps?

Thanks,

-John