[mapserver-users] problems with running the demo

Oz Nahum nahumoz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 12:01:27 EDT 2008

I somehow managed to solve this problem.
Now I'm have another problem, depending on what I write in index.html for
the program.
In general I can't get it to work. Either I can run it but there's no map
produced, only a grey box... or it complains it can't find certain files.

So in order to be clear:
My webfolder looks like this, I have:

cgi-bin/
mapserver/

>ou go to the url /cgi-bin/mapserv what do you see? you should see
soemthing about empty QUERY_STRING

That ok, like you said.

but other than that it's not. Here are my configuration lines from
index.html:

 <!-- EDIT THE FORM ACTION -->
    <form name="demo" method="GET" action="../cgi-bin/mapserv"
onSubmit="configure()">

      <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="lakespy2">
      <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="dlgstln2">
      <input type="hidden" name="zoomsize" value=2>
      <input type="hidden" name="map_web" value="">

      <!-- EDIT THESE HIDDEN VARIABLES -->
      <input type="hidden" name="map" value="/var/www/mapserver/itasca.map">
      <input type="hidden" name="program" value="../cgi-bin/">
      <input type="hidden" name="root" value="/">

I hope this is enough info for someone to help me.

Thanks, Oz

--
 .''`.