[mapserver-users] problems with running the demo for mapserver II

Oz Nahum nahumoz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 13:37:01 EDT 2008

Excuse me for sending another mail with this subject.

I managed to partially display a map of the data for the workshop files
The only way the application displays a map is if I choose on the main page

-- Adds dhtml rubber-band box

Other than that I get a grey box instead of a map. When I look at the
address of the gray box it looks for the map picture in:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/tmp/ITASCA12238324346226.png

however the picture is in:
/var/www/mapserver/tmp or localhost/mapserver/tmp

again, here is how I edited index.html
lines 8 - 10
 // EDIT THE NEXT 2 LINES TO MATCH YOUR SETUP
        var snippet = "IMAGEPATH 'tmp/'";
        snippet += " IMAGEURL 'tmp/'";

and line 33-44:
 <!-- EDIT THE FORM ACTION -->
    <form name="demo" method="GET" action="../cgi-bin/mapserv"
onSubmit="configure()">

      <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="lakespy2">
      <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="dlgstln2">
      <input type="hidden" name="zoomsize" value=2>
      <input type="hidden" name="map_web" value="">

      <!-- EDIT THESE HIDDEN VARIABLES -->
      <input type="hidden" name="map" value="/var/www/mapserver/itasca.map">
      <input type="hidden" name="program" value="../cgi-bin/mapserv">
      <input type="hidden" name="root" value="/mapserver">

Do I need to change something in other file so it would work in the right
way?

I hope this is more clear, and helps to solve my problem.

thanks, Oz.

----
           Imagine there's no countries
           It isn't hard to do
           Nothing to kill or die for
           And no religion too
           Imagine all the people
           Living life in peace
----
          You all must read 'The God Delusion'
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion
---
when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many
people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance