[mapserver-users] RE: Documentation for serving large raster images using tile cache.

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Mon Oct 20 15:01:41 EDT 2008

Asif Memon wrote:
> Could someone please point me to the documentation for serving large
> (2GB to 3GB) raster images using tile cache. I want to use Minnesota Map
> Server and GDAL to achieve this.

You'll want to ask the TileCache list about that, likely. Once you have
MapServer actually serving up the imagery, get your client using
MapServer or WMS (I like OpenLayers, myself). Then install TileCache and
change the OL app to use TC's URL instead of MapServer's. Easy.

But you may want to install OpenLayers and get it working with MapServer
first, then hit up the OL and TC mailing lists.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth    BS, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
System Administrator, Lead Programmer

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA