[mapserver-users] Should "EXTENT_PRIORITY=WORLDFILE" work now?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Oct 21 06:40:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

Frank Warmerdam wrote in February 2008:

> In have encorporated an undocumented raster layer processing
> option called EXTENT_PRIORITY in trunk.  Set the value to WORLDFILE
> to use world files in priority to internal information.

> eg.
>    PROCESSING "EXTENT_PRIORITY=WORLDFILE"

> This will appear in the next FWTools build since it is part of
> trunk (and will appear in MapServer 5.2 when released).  I'm not
> inclined to try and port it back into 5.0 branch.

I would have actual use for this feature now and I tried to use it with
MS4W Mapserver v. 5.2.0 and also with the Mapserver 5.3-dev that comes
with FWTools 2.2.6.  However, I did not see any effect when using this
PROCESSING option. I tried to use the option both for a layer having
just a single tiff file and for a tileindex raster layer, but extents
seem to come always from internal GeoTIFF information. Is the option
supposed to work?

-Jukka Rahkonen-