[mapserver-users] Problems With Google Earth WMS view

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 23 08:53:52 EDT 2008

Hi David,

  > can define a resolution for the output image?

  No, but your can change the image size ( height and width ) in your GE
Link.  Default values are 512 X 512.  You could change those to 1024 X
1024 and you'll get a nicer image.

  > problems with transparency on different zoom level

  Are you using your own WMS service ?  If so, I don't know which
OUTPUTFORMAT you're using but I had png with agg and didn't have this
problem.  If you have more than one "image/png" MIMETYPE, put this one
on top.

    OUTPUTFORMAT
        NAME "agg"
        MIMETYPE "image/png"
        DRIVER AGG/PNG
        EXTENSION "png"
        IMAGEMODE RGBA
        TRANSPARENT ON
        FORMATOPTION          "INTERLACE=OFF"
    END

  Hope this can helps.

Cheers

Alexandre

David Martinez Morata wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I create a WMS for GE and I found some estrange things.
>
> In my Map file I don't define a background colour and I could like to
> be Transparent, but...
>
> At some levels I have the transparent image and at other levels I
> don't have it I don't really understand Wat is happening.
>
> I have 3 Layer in different zoom levels, The first One it's a line
> layer and the others are Points layers.
>
> And in some areas of my map I found problems with transparency If i
> put in some area i have the transparency but if i change a littel bit,
> the bacgruond becomes with.
>

> And just one question:
>
> can define a resolution for the output image?
>
> Thanks

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com