[MAPSERVER-USERS] How can i incorporate Cache?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Oct 23 15:12:03 EDT 2008

mhungc wrote:
> I'm using Ajax in javascript for get Image Map. I wonder how can i
> incorporate cache with the image using ajax......like GoogleMap or Kmap when
> i do pan in there.

The most popular is TileCache. It's a WMS-C server. Of course, your AJAX
request thing would have to be making WMS-C calls which it likely is not
if you wrote it yourself.

Another idea could be to roll your own, and that should be fairly easy.
Replace your call to the mapserv binary with a call to a MapScript
program that generates the same images. Then modify it to track the
layer and extent, save a copy, and so on. In theory, fairly easy. :)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth    BS, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
System Administrator, Lead Programmer

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA