[mapserver-users] WMS TIME using postgis time index, problem with GetFeatureInfo

Maarten Plieger plieger at knmi.nl
Fri Oct 24 11:19:10 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I use a postgis database filled with files and their corresponding
dates. This makes it possible to use WMS Time requests. This works very
well, except for the GetFeatureInfo request. When I do GetFeatureInfo on
a certain location I get this message:
"msSHPOpenFile(): Unable to acces file.
(/mapdata/RADNL25TIME)"

The data is raster data, and has nothing to do with Shapes...

This is a part of the mapfile of the layer:

{...}
TILEITEM "path" #path is a column in postgis table with varchar of the
filepath to each image
TILEINDEX "RADNL25TIME"

METADATA
        "wms_timeextent"
"2008-10-24T00:00:00Z/2008-10-24T12:00:00Z/PT5M"
        "wms_timeitem"         "datetime" #datetime is a column in
postgis table of type timestamp
        "wms_timedefault"     "2008-10-24T00:00:00Z"
{...}
END
{...}

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?
When I use a file directly instead of the PostGIS table, GetFeature info
returns the correct results.

Regards,
Maarten Plieger

--
Maarten Plieger
KNMI, R&D Information and Observation Technology, De Bilt