[mapserver-users] WFS client layer not drawn: missing .gfs file?

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Mon Oct 27 09:33:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a problem with gml reading/writing when used in an umn
mapserver environment: I have a mapserver WFS client layer, that is
not displayed when the getfeature response of the remote wfs-server
has too many featuretype attributes. If I reduce the number of
attributes in the featuretype the layer gets drawn correctly.
Apparently at a certain amount of attribute fields (>15 non-geometry
attributes) the layer is not drawn anymore.

The interesting thing is, that when the layer gets drawn, the .tmp.gml
and tmp.gfs files are created normally in mapservers tmp dir. When it
is not drawn only the .tmp.gml is present. I have tested it with an
older gdal/ogr version (1.3.2) but also with the latest (1.5.3) one.
When i run "ogr2ogr -f "GML" new.gml
umn_wfslayer_lot_of_attributes.tmp.gml " then new.gml and new.xsd are
created without problems.

Is it normal that the ogr gml reader/writer uses the older .gfs format
when used in mapserver environment and the .xsd format when invoked
from the command line?

TIA, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de