[mapserver-users] Draw Polygon on Map

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Oct 29 09:43:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 01:29:23PM +0100, ramses2k wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I want to draw a Polygon on a Mapserver map and the save it ito a Postgres
> Database. Certainly many users have dealt with this issue before, and there
> are some out of the box solutions like Openlayers which I don't want to
> include in my project. I want to know if there's a simple Javascript
> library for drawing polygons (and getting the map-coordinates correctly) or
> if there are state-of-the-art alternatives.

So, I read your question, and this is what I see:

"I'd like to draw a polygon on my map, but I'd prefer not to use the
library that most people use for doing so. Are there other libraries
that do the same thing?"

You've thrown out the one tool that most people would probably suggest
without explaining why, or why an alternative would be better. Can you
offer some more insight onto why "Not OpenLayers"? That might help
recommend alternatives.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt