[mapserver-users] OracleSpatial doumentation

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Sep 15 13:18:43 EDT 2008

This thread should be turned into a documentation bug in Trac then. Huub, can you take care of that?

  http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver

Steve

>>> Huub Fleuren <hfl at home.nl> 9/15/2008 5:36 AM >>>
Hi List,

I was looking for parameter syntax when using native Oracle support.
I found in the documetation a PDF from 2004 or 5 telling all about FUNCTION and VERSION, but i couldn';t get it right and was very unhappy about it

But then i looked in the source  file (maporaclespatial.c) and found the follwing short notice
 *
 * Using OracleSpatial:
 * - CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
 * - CONNECTION 'username/password at database'
 * - DATA 'geometry_column FROM <table>'
 *   or
 *       <function> can be:
 *           'FILTER', 'RELATE', GEOPMRELATE' or 'NONE'
 *       <vcode> can be:
 *           '8i', '9i' or '10g'
 *
 *       <table> can be:
 *            One database table name
 *       or:
 *            (SELECT stmt)
 *
 * Notices above shall be included in all copies or portions of the software.
 * This piece is provided "AS IS", without warranties of any kind. Got it?

Looks clear to me, and surprizingly it answered all my questions to satisfaction.
So, please whoever manages that part now, start the extensive PDF help info with this.

Regards, Huub

p.s. i have a small extra:

 In
*   DATA 'geometry_column FROM <table>

e.g.

SELECT geom FROM (select geom,id from geo_table)  USING UNIQUE id SRID 123123 RELATE VERSION 10g