[mapserver-users] Ed's Rules for the Best Raster Performance

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Mon Sep 15 18:57:36 EDT 2008

Jim Klassen wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, has anyone tested the performance of Jpegs vs. GeoTiffs?

Yep. In my tests, GeoTIFF was the fastest format by some margin, even up
to 2 GB filesizes. That was on 8-CPU machines, too. If you check the
mailing list archive, you'll likely find the "papers" I posted to the
list putting real numbers to it.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA