[mapserver-users] SLD and LinePlacement

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Sep 22 11:03:12 EDT 2008

Guillaume,

  Right now the SLD does not have an equivalent parameter (in
LinePlacement or PointPlacamant)  the could be set and translate as
ANGLE AUTO or ANGLE FOLLOW in MapServer.
  The default setting of MapServer for the label object is to set the
ANGLE AUTO and ANGLE FOLLOW to FALSE.
  So it is not possible right now. Maybe we could, when reading the sld
and creating the label objects, set by default the angle to auto or
follow. Would that make sense? If that is the case, you could open a bug
on it discuss it further there and add the enhancement if it is agreed.

Best Regards,

Guillaume Sueur wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Would someone know how to configure the equivalent of ANGLE AUTO for
> labelling lines with an SLD file ? I've tried the LinePlacement block,
> for it doesn't seem to do anything special.
>
> Thanks
> Guillaume

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst