[mapserver-users] Need help with ProxyPass configuration, please

AJ Van Beest ajvanbeest at bayfieldcounty.org
Mon Sep 22 12:53:23 EDT 2008

Howdy, all,

I could use a hand configuring ProxyPass in Apache 2.2.x to get
MapServer working externally (again). Here are the details:

In the past: Everything ran from IIS, and worked just fine.

Currently: I'm moving most of our site to a CMS in Apache. Apache is
listening on port 80, and IIS is on port 8080 (on the same box).

My ProxyPass statements look like this (where the IP address is an
internal address):
ProxyPass /landrecords http://172.16.3.250:8080/landrecords
ProxyPassReverse /landrecords  http://172.16.3.250:8080/landrecords

It seems like MapServer works just fine internally, but outside of the
network, it works *very* slowly, if at all. Do I need to change my
ProxyPass statements, is there a better way to pass along these
requests, or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?

Would it be smarter to let everything run from Apache?

Thanks for your help!

-aj

A.J. Van Beest
Bayfield County Information Services