[mapserver-users] shade a county

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Sep 24 18:22:49 EDT 2008

A query map will do this. That is you do a point search with map output
(mode=querymap) or mode=query with queryformat (in the mapfile)
set to your favorite image type (e.g. PNG, PNG24, AGGPNG24, etc...).

Steve

>>> Mark Brooks <mark_brooks at ncsu.edu> 09/23/08 11:16 AM >>>
I have a shapefile of type polygon of all counties in the United States.
  Given a latitude/longitude point, I want to shade/hatch the county
that it's in.  I'm not sure of the best way to do this.  Any
suggestions?  I'm working with PHP Mapscript by the way.

Mark