[mapserver-users] Using the SQL Server 2008 Plugin with a Geography column

Andrew Williams AWilliams at rapidmap.com
Wed Apr 1 19:41:10 EDT 2009

Joncoign,

Just looking for some clarification to your question.

I'm no expert but this stuck out when I was looking into SQL 2008.

There are two ways to define an object spatially in 2008 one as type geometry and one as geography.

Is it possible your calling geometry type instead of a geography type?

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/spatial-data.aspx

Might be of interest