[mapserver-users] Mapfile Location for WMS Server

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Thu Apr 2 00:44:01 EDT 2009

Hi! I'm setting up a WMS server with mapserver using PostGIS. The
mapserver will be a central server providing data to multiple websites.

I have mapserv in cgi-bin and nothing in public_html because it isn't
needed.

Where do I place the map file? I've tried putting it in cgi-bin and
public_html and both give the same result when trying to get the WMS
capabilities:

loadMap(): Web application error. CGI variable "map" is not set.

thanks, Andy

--
Andy
PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864