[mapserver-users] Dynamic 'OnMouseOver' Info generation vom PostGIS/Postgres

Heiko Schröter schroete at iup.physik.uni-bremen.de
Thu Apr 2 08:35:18 EDT 2009

Hello all,

we are displaying satellite measurement geolocations with Mapserver and
PostGIS/Postgres underneath.

I would like to add a feature (similar to the MapServer:ImagMap stuff) that
displays some more info about the point on which the mouse is over inside the
map. i.e. geolocation, name of datafile, value or so. These infos can be
sourced from the Postgres db. It is ok to just show these infos on the bottom
window frame (like the MapServer:ImageMap example).

How do i create the html code (javascript or php or whatever needed) with the
dynamic content piped back from the Postgres db ?
Sorry if this is an obvious question. I did read the ImageMap and Template
stuff, but i cannot get grip to the logic when the data are coming from a db.

Any pointer to more info or background knowledge deeply apreciated.

Thanks.
Heiko