[mapserver-users] VALIDATION item

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Apr 7 16:32:01 EDT 2009

Oh yeah, documentation, knew I forgot something. The VALIDATION block is intended as
a place to collect rules about validating input to MapServer via the CGI. At the moment that
is limited to:

  - mapfile parameters that accept arbitrary strings (e.g. FILTER or EXPRESSION)
  - qstrings variable for attribute queries

The worry was that the METADATA block was being over used. This new block also allows
for more concise definitions. RFC 44 on the website demonstrates the syntax.

We'll get the error you note fixed for the 1st RC.

Steve

>>> On 4/7/2009 at 3:16 PM, in message
<B7B039D0A59B9B42A821BB623FE47E1C01789BDD at VMEXC01.oriongis.com>, "Murty