[mapserver-users] PHP MapScript inserting extra parameters into .map file

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Apr 8 16:32:25 EDT 2009

Ian wrote:
> I'm using PHP MapScript to change layers' DATA parameters as the user
> selects options in an OpenLayers 2.7/MapServer 5.2 WMS setting. This
> is working fine however I just noticed that extra undefined/unwanted
> information is being appended to the map file when my script runs.
> Specifically:
>
> STYLE
>      ANGLE 360
>      OPACITY 100
>      SYMBOL 0
> END

I think most of these could be avoided in a future release. Could you
please file a enhancement ticket about this?

The case of ANGLE 360 is the one that surprised me the most. I checked
and it seems that the default was changed from 0 to 360 by Steve in
r4253: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/changeset/4253

Steve: do you remember why that change was made?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/