[mapserver-users] Generating a symbol with a fixed size

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Apr 9 10:01:22 EDT 2009

You can use the CLASS parameter SIZEUNITS to do this. For example:

LAYER
  SIZEUNITS METERS
  CLASS
    SYMBOL 'circle'
    SIZE 40
  END
END

I think that's right.

Steve

>>> Adrian Popa <adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro> 04/09/09 3:26 AM >>>
Hello everybody,

I'm using mapserver v4.10 and I'm trying to display a circle symbol that
has a fixed radius (in meters) that shows the coverage area over a map.
The main problem is setting the radius so it would change and cover the
same area with different zoom levels (more clearly - I want the radius
to be 40m independent of the zoom selected).

Is it possible to do with mapserver?
The data (points) where I want to draw this symbol is available as an
ESRI shapefile layer (as POINT data).

Thanks in advance,

--
---