[mapserver-users] Mapserver 5.0.3 on Ubuntu 8.10-AMD64 TrueType font problem

Martin Koch M.Koch at bridgis.nl
Fri Apr 10 05:10:19 EDT 2009

I have cgi-mapserver 5.0.0.3 running on Server 8.04 i386 without any
problem. I installed cgi-mapserver 5.0.3 on a Server 8.10-amd64 machine
from the Ubuntu repository.

The two machines are identical in their installed packages, appart from
of course the latter being 8.10 and 64 bits.

I used the same mapfiles. Everything works fine appart but when
I use TrueType fonts for displaying labels I get a '500 Internal Server
Error'. A default bitmap-font works well, but not the truetype font's I
refer to in my fontset.

I checked all my path's tripple, compared both servers for different
right's settings, apache2 settings and installed packages. I reinstalled
dependencies as libfreetype6 but still 'no go' with truetype.

Anyone have a clue? Thanks for reading,

Martin
-
Martin Koch