[mapserver-users] fcgi x64 fault on WFS layer

joncoign jncoign at Knology.net
Fri Apr 10 16:11:05 EDT 2009

I have been doing some testing with the 64 bit version of mapserver on Server 2008. I have been getting a fast cgi error on WFS requests using the OGR ODBC driver connecting to a SQL Server 2008 database when the stored procedure called return greater than five columns.

I have been building the x64 version of mapserver using the GDAL and MapServer build SDK packages from http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/index.html

The code works when compiled to 32bit and errors when compiled to 64 bit. The only change I am making is which visual studio command prompt is launching so the makefile will detect the 32bit or 64bit target. Map files and the database used are the same. The 32bit and 64bit DSN are configured identically.

The fault error that shows up in the Application log is:

Faulting application mapserv.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x49df83af, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791adec, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000000000047960, process id 0x644, application start time 0x01c9ba133caa4496.

I have also verified the behavior in the compiled x64 binaries from the MSVC2008 (Win64) -stable release.