[mapserver-users] fcgi x64 fault on WFS layer

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:46:48 EDT 2009

2009/4/10 joncoign <jncoign at knology.net>

> I have been doing some testing with the 64 bit version of mapserver on
> Server 2008. I have been getting a fast cgi error on WFS requests using the
> OGR ODBC driver connecting to a SQL Server 2008 database when the stored
> procedure called return greater than five columns.
>
> I have been building the x64 version of mapserver using the GDAL and
> MapServer build SDK packages from
> http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/index.html
>
> The code works when compiled to 32bit and errors when compiled to 64 bit.
> The only change I am making is which visual studio command prompt is
> launching so the makefile will detect the 32bit or 64bit target. Map files
> and the database used are the same. The 32bit and 64bit DSN are configured
> identically.

I assume you're using the x64 version of the SDK when compiling for Win64 by
using the Visual Studio x64 command prompt, but make sure all of the
binaries in the /bin directory are also deployed along with mapserv.exe. The
dll-s in the different packages are not interchangeable because of the
different CRT dependencies.

Could you provide the steps to setup your test case with your sample URLs so
as to reproduce the problem?

Best regards,

Tamas