[mapserver-users] problem with truetype fonts.

Joseph4774 Joseph4774 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 17:56:00 EDT 2009

Hello again

Does no one have an idea as how to solve my problem or is my explanation of the problem not clear enough maybe?

Hi Everyone,
I have problem with location of truetype fonts when I choice outputFormat PDF .  It seems that with outputFormat PDF mapserver choices the lower left corner of the bounding box of the glyph and not the center center of the glyph.But everything works correctly when i change the outputFormat to PNG.
I attached a folder with three test files to give more information about my problem. one is the true font Iam using for the test the secound one is the png file and the third is hte pdf file.
SendToPDFLib.zip

I hope i've explained my problem well and iam sorry for my bad English.

Iam using csharp_script.dll .net solution and the PDFlib.dll for PDF output. and her is a part of the code that i user to generate pdf file map:

mapObj MSMap = new mapObj("mapfile");
outputFormatObj format = new outputFormatObj("pdf", "pdf");
MSMap.setOutputFormat(format);
imageObj img = MSMap.drawQuery();
img.save("imgFullPath", null);
img.Dispose();

and the test mapfile :

MAP

   NAME TEST
   STATUS ON
   SIZE 740 460
   EXTENT 693618 6171475 693855 6171703
   UNITS METERS
   FONTSET "/proj/Test/div/font.txt"

   IMAGETYPE png24

   OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME png24
     DRIVER "GD/PNG"
     IMAGEMODE RGB
     EXTENSION "png"
   END

   OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME jpeg
     DRIVER "GD/JPEG"
     MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
     IMAGEMODE RGB
     EXTENSION "jpg"
   END

  WEB
	#
	# On Windows systems, /tmp and /tmp/ms_tmp/ should be created at the root
	# of the drive where the .MAP file resides.
	#
	  IMAGEPATH "/output"
	  IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
	#  LOG "/tmp/gmap.log"

	#
	  METADATA
		"TITLE" "Informationer på Kort, Morsø Kommune"
	  END
	END

	LAYER
		 GROUP Ledninger