[mapserver-users] RE: Labeling via OGR, MySQL table

Jay Kapalczynski jkapalczynski at ci.maple-grove.mn.us
Thu Apr 16 15:10:59 EDT 2009

I was able to get some text to display with this:
ALTHOUGH I could only get the fields that were Numeric to label...cant get text fields to display.

Is this a syntax thing or is it not possible?

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="Coordinatedata">
        <SrcDataSource>MYSQL:coordinates_database,user=Jay,password=Letmein,host=127.0.0.1,port=3306,tables=coordinates</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcSQL>SELECT X,Y,ID FROM coordinates</SrcSQL>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
                                <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="X" y="Y"/>
                </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

   LAYER # Points from the MySQL Database
    NAME Database