[mapserver-users] RE: Highlight

Jay Kapalczynski jkapalczynski at ci.maple-grove.mn.us
Thu Apr 16 11:16:20 EDT 2009

Have been think about this and just wanted to run this passed anyone that is listening.  For my GPS tracking I am using an ovf file to grab XY coordinates from a database and plot them in my app.

I was wondering if I could do a similar thing, where I write to the database in PHP every time the query is run.  This will populate a table with the PID values I need highlighted.

Then Classify in the Map file the color and outline that I am after.

Could I use a filter on the Map file then to just show records in the database?

Is this even possible or make sense?

OVF File  (but select the PID values from the table)

<OGRVRTDataSource>

    <OGRVRTLayer name="Coordinatedata">

        <SrcDataSource>MYSQL:coordinates_database,user=Jay,password=Passw0rd,host=127.0.0.1,port=3306,tables=coordinates</SrcDataSource>

        <SrcSQL>SELECT X,Y FROM coordinates</SrcSQL>

        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>

              <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="X" y="Y"/>

       </OGRVRTLayer>

</OGRVRTDataSource>

MAP FILE

LAYER # Points from the MySQL Database