[mapserver-users] mapserver error

Iratxe Lejarreta iratxe.lejarreta at axios.es
Wed Apr 22 06:53:28 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 22 April 2009 08:54:57 Pano wrote:
> [...]
> should be an entry in there like:
>
> ORCL =
>   (DESCRIPTION =
>     (ADDRESS_LIST =
>       (ADDRESS =
>         (PROTOCOL = TCP)
>         (HOST = <server_name_or_IP)
>         (PORT = <usually_1521>)
>       )
>     )
>     (CONNECT_DATA =
>       (SERVER = DEDICATED)
>       (SERVICE_NAME = <oracle_service_name>)
>     )
>   )
>
> Hope this helps,
> Pano
>
> Iratxe Lejarreta wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed MapServer-5.2.0 on CentOS 5.2 with Oracle 10g, but when I run
> > the
> > WFS service...
> >
> > http://localhost/cgi-
> > bin/mywfs?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=getfeature&TYPENAME=cities
> >
> > ...the result is:
> > −
> > <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0"
> > xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
> > http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
> > −
> > <ServiceException code="NoApplicableCode" locator="mapserv">
> >
> > msWFSGetFeature(): WFS server error. ms_error->code not found
> > msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. Cannot create OCI
> > Handlers.
> > Connection failure. Check the connection string. Error: ORA-12154:
> > TNS:could
> > not resolve the connect identifier specified
> > .
> > msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. Cannot create OCI
> > Handlers.
> > Connection failure. Check the connection string. Error: ORA-12154:
> > TNS:could
> > not resolve the connect identifier specified
> > .
> >
> > </ServiceException>
> > </ServiceExceptionReport>
> >

> > Mapfile:
> >
> > MAP
> > 	NAME WFS_TEST
> > 	STATUS ON
> > 	SIZE 400 300
> > 	EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
> > 	UNITS METERS
> > 	IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
> > WEB
> > 	METADATA
> > 		"wfs_title"		"WFS TEST"
> > 		"wfs_onlineresource"	"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mywfs?"
> > 		"wfs_srs"		"EPSG:4326"
> > 	END
> > END
> > PROJECTION
> > 	"init=epsg:4326"
> > END
> > LAYER
> > 	NAME cities
> > 	TYPE POINT
> > 	CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
> > 	CONNECTION "MDDATA/*****@orcl"
> > 	DATA "GEOM FROM CITIES USING UNIQUE FID SRID 4326 VERSION 10g"

Hi Pano,

Firstly, thanks for your answer!

I have checked all configuration but I continue with the same error:

1.- I haven't got any error in logs.

2.- I installed Oracle Instat Client:
# rpm -Uvh oracle-instantclient-basic-10.2.0.4-1.i386.rpm
I have set the library loading path:
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.3/client/lib

3.- I can access with sqlplus and sqldeveloper without any problem:
[oracle]$ sqlplus mddata/<passwd>@orcl

4.- $ORACLE_HOME\network\admin\tnsnames.ora file:
 ORCL =
   (DESCRIPTION =
     (ADDRESS_LIST =
       (ADDRESS =
         (PROTOCOL = TCP)
         (HOST = 192.168.2.215)
         (PORT = 1521)
       )
     )
     (CONNECT_DATA =
       (SERVER = DEDICATED)
       (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
     )
   )

5.- I try to access with the following URL:
http://192.168.2.215/cgi-
bin/mywfs?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=getfeature&TYPENAME=cities

6.- ...but the result it's the same:
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
<ServiceException code="NoApplicableCode" locator="mapserv">
msWFSGetFeature(): WFS server error. ms_error->code not found
msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. Cannot create OCI Handlers.
Connection failure. Check the connection string. Error: ORA-12154: TNS:could
not resolve the connect identifier specified.
msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error. Cannot create OCI Handlers.
Connection failure. Check the connection string. Error: ORA-12154: TNS:could
not resolve the connect identifier specified.
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Do you know where could be wrong?

Thanks for your help!!!!!