[mapserver-users] msEvalRegex problem (Mapserver 5.2.2)

Dominik Schmid dominik.schmid at ilu.ch
Wed Apr 22 11:12:23 EDT 2009

Hi list

once again I have to turn to the list as a last resort after having
depleted all possible solutions which I've come across. We're running
Mapserver/PHP/Mapscript/Fusion on a CentOS installation which we've
recently upgraded to 5.3. The upgrade has so far been successful
except for one problem:

When I compile Mapserver 5.2.2 or 5.4.0RC2 (with mapscript support)
against the updated libraries etc. the resulting mapserv works fine
(as far as tested) except when I select a feature (through the Fusion
web map application, all data is pulled from the postgres database) it
throws an error like:

msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String (/var/lib/php/session/
sess_49ef23ad8b84e/query.qry) failed expression test.

If I compile Mapserver 5.2.0 on the same upgraded system this works
fine as it had before on the original system (Centos 4.4).

I always used the correct php_mapscript.so and did a proper httpd
restart.

Originally I had GDAL 1.4 compiled on the system, tried with removal
and changing to the EPEL-Version (1.4.2) and after further failure
tried with removal (also removing librx) and compiling GDAL 1.6.0 from
source which didn't change a thing. I did this after reading some
threads on this list ( http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2008-April/055638.html
  ).

Some more version details:
- php 5.2.6 (from the C5-testing repo)
- postgresql 8.2.9 (from the C5-testing repo)
- postgis 1.3.1

Generally I tried to avoid the installation from turning into a
frankenbuild system but since the offical repos don't provide all our
needs I had to resort to rolling my own in some cases.

Any hint is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Dominik

--