[mapserver-users] MapServer 4 vs 5 segfault in msDrawRasterLayerGDAL()

Michael E Masscotte masscotm at erau.edu
Wed Apr 22 12:12:20 EDT 2009

I've done some more investigation and found the seg fault happens with a
call to msDrawRasterLayerGDAL() according to gdb. I also found what is
tripping the core dump in the map file. I have an class with 'EXPRESSION
([pixel] > 0)' so mapserver does not draw black pixels. When I remove
this, it works fine although it has the black pixels I don't want. So,
it appears I'm doing something wrong with the EXPRESSION statement. Any
one have any ideas how to fix this or workaround it? Again, what I find
strange is that this works fine in MapServer 4.x but not 5.x.

Thanks for your help,
-Mike