[mapserver-users] PHP Mapscript - Failed writing image

zizu manojkapil06 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:06:51 EDT 2009

HI,

I have installed FGS mapserver 5.2.1 on fedora 9 . i am trying to work out
the php-mapscript example given in the mapserver document. when i tested the
example it bounces following error ..

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msSaveImageGD(): Unable to open file
/tmp/ms_tmp/49f07913_b51_0.png for writing in
/home/kapil/FGS-MAPSERVER/www/htdocs/mapfiles/sampletest/htdocs/test.php on
line 7

Fatal error: Failed writing image to /tmp/ms_tmp/49f07913_b51_0.png in
/home/kapil/FGS-MAPSERVER/www/htdocs/mapfiles/sampletest/htdocs/test.php on
line 7

i thought it could me a problem of file permission, i checked but it was
under the user control...  i tried lot to find out the clue but no solution
yet....

what could be a problem?...  This is my first php-mapscript application....
someone please help me out....

herewith am attaching the map file and the php file for your perusal....

help and tips will be appreciated....

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2683801/test.map test.map

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2683801/test.php test.php

Thanks,