[mapserver-users] Mapserver 5.4 & SYMBOLSET

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Apr 30 10:36:42 EDT 2009

Are you sure that the file you are editing is really the one used by
your mapfile? That's a common mistake... to verify that, try inserting
an invalid keyword in place of the SYMBOLSET keyword in your file and
verify that MapServer produces a parser error about it. If it doesn't
then it's probably not using the file you think it is.

Daniel

David Nugent wrote:

> It starts (and ends) like this:
>
> SYMBOLSET
>
>   SYMBOL
>         NAME    "point"
>         TYPE    ELLIPSE
>         POINTS
>                 1 1
>         END
>         FILLED  TRUE
>   END
>
>   SYMBOL
>         NAME    "dashed"
>         TYPE    ELLIPSE
>         POINTS
>                 1 1
>         END
>         FILLED  TRUE
>         STYLE
>                 8 6 8 6
>         END
>   END

> END
>

> Regards,
> David
>

> On 30/04/2009, at 1:13 PM, Steve Lime wrote:
>
>> Can you share your symbolset file? I've not had an issue with that
>> change.
>>
>> Steve

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've recently upgraded to mapserver 5.4 and hit a problem with
>> SYMBOLSET.
>>
>> It seems that a file containing symbols referenced from the .map file
>> must now contain a SYMBOLSET keyword at the start (and presumably end
>> with END?). I made this change, but the parser still complains with
>> the message "First token must be SYMBOLSET".
>>
>> Not really wanting to waste time on debugging the lex code, I simply
>> removed the check that emits this error from mapsymbol.c and all works
>> as expected. Obviously there is a deeper problem, whether it be the
>> logic in that statement (which appears to be correct as far as I can
>> tell) or the lex parser itself.
>>
>> I'm just wondering if anyone else had hit the same problem.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/