[mapserver-users] Turn OFF layers

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Mon Aug 3 09:09:35 EDT 2009

darenas wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I´m trying to turn off some layers in my map file using STATUS to become the
> service faster, but when I charge the WMS in ArcGis for example, those
> layers keep still ON:
>

> LAYER					 						# Comienzo del objeto LAYER
>   NAME "20_30_Enero"        						# Nombre corto para la capa
>   TYPE RASTER                  						#
> [point/line/polygon/circle/annotation/raster/query] especifica como los
> datos podrán ser dibujados
>   STATUS OFF                   						# [on/off/default] Establece el estado
> de la capa
>

> any ideas?
>
> thanks a million
>
> David

Not 100% sure, but I think the STATUS is more for shp2img.  WMS Server uses the layers that the client requests, regardless of the STATUS setting.  I use OpenLayers as my client, and in it I specify what layers to show.  I dont think it matters what I set the mapfile's STATUS too.

Just guessing though...

-Andy