[mapserver-users] Too Many Open Files

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Aug 12 10:50:19 EDT 2009

Daniel,

I haven't worked with TomCat, but if it doing something like creating a
process/thread/whatever for the mapscript request but treating it like a
reusable thread, then it might not be shutting it down in which case
files are not getting closed. The user might need to make sure TomCat is
treating this like a cgi-bin process and not a mod_* type of process.

-Steve W