[mapserver-users] How can I get my shapefiles on LAN, without databases?

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Wed Aug 12 11:56:46 EDT 2009

Dear Mauricio,

I suppose you would map the shared folder of MYSECONDCOMPUTER on the
mapserver machine.
1. On MYSECONDCOMPUTER make the folder of your shape files shared, e.g.
    Right click in explorer on the name of the folder and select Sharing.
    For more information on sharing folders see:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/maintain/share.mspx

2. On mapserver machine in explorer select map network drive in the Tools
    menu and select the sharing on the other machine and assing a letter to
    to it, probably you should check reconnect.

3. Change the data line in your map file.

I suppose using shared files from another machine is a performance issue.

Regeards,
Zoltan