[mapserver-users] Removing collars on raster images

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Aug 14 05:14:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

Not a very clever solution is to get rid of the collards forever. However, it works for sure. Select a rectangular grid in preferred output projection and mosaic and compress the original images to suit that grid with gdalwarp by using -te option. Then there will be no black borders to make transparent any longer. It does not mean much extra work if you have to compress the images in any case, but it does make updating image layer a bit more complicated if you will receice new images from scattered places every now and then.

-Jukka Rahkonen-