[mapserver-users] Tileindex and drawing order of overlapping images

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Aug 14 08:23:52 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Rahkonen
Jukka<Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If have overlapping images from different years. Can I control in some
> easy and reliable way that the new images will get drawn on top, for
> example by writing tileindex shapefiles so that new images have bigger
> fid values?

Jukka,

The order of images in the tileindex shapefile will be the order
they are drawn - if - you do not build a spatial index on the
shapefile.  If you have a spatial index the drawing order
becomes essentially random, and of course if you have a lot
of images a spatial index is quite valuable.

Best regards,