[mapserver-users] Dynamically update layers without service interruption

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 16:11:36 EST 2009

Is it possible to dynamically add and/or update layer definitions that
also might involve updates to the underlying data without *any*
service interruption? I'm primarily interested in this use case when
using raster layers.

I have indications that service interruptions can happen but cannot
verify yet. I found
http://www.mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-44.html#rfc44
describing the feature of dynamic updates (I assume?) but no mention
about if service interruption can be expected and/or how to avoid it.

Regards,

Björn Harrtell