[mapserver-users] polygon select

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 19:57:07 EST 2009

I need to create a tool that will allow the user to draw an arbitrary
polygon, and the select objects intersecting that polygon. I'm using
OpenLayers, MapServer and PostGIS. Right now I'm trying to figure out
what protocol will support this operation. I don't think this can be
done with "classic" MapServer, nor with WMS. Am I correct? So do I
need to use WFS-T to get the polygon from the browser and pass it to
PostGIS to do the query? Are there any other routes that I should be
exploring?

Thanks,
Rich

--