[mapserver-users] Map File for Open Street Map symbology

Lars Lingner ml at lingner.eu
Sat Feb 7 06:57:35 EST 2009

Rahkonen Jukka schrieb:
> Lars Lingner wrote:
>

>> I see that you also had to rename the column "natural". As this is an
>> reserved name by postgres, is there an way to use such a name in an
>> mapserver expression?
>> Although renaming the column did work for me I just want to know how to
>> quote correctly.
>>

> Natural is reserved keyword in PostgrSQL, but it is not actually denied to use it as a column name. It just needs to be queried like
>  select "natural" from osm_line limit 10;
> Renaming the column may make living a bit easier, many PostGIS drivers I have used with GIS programs are sending SQL simply like "select natural..." and that will fail.

Yes you are right but I couldn't find a way to quote this keyword in an
mapfile data statement.

DATA "way from (select way,osm_id ,name from planet_osm_polygon where
'natural'='water'  ) as foo using unique osm_id using srid=900913"

was not working... but I just tried it again, just to make sure I don't
say anything wrong... and its working. *doh*

Allright than. I don't know what I did wrong. Thanks for your response!

Lars