[mapserver-users] WMS layer in mapserver

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Fri Feb 13 10:02:59 EST 2009

Hi Nisha,

Here is a sample of a .map file that consumes a WMS service.  In this
case, it consumes a WMS service containing orthoimagery.  The wms_name
element contains the names of the layers within the service that you
want to display...

LAYER
  GROUP "Imagery"
  NAME "naip2007"
  TYPE raster
  STATUS OFF
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  CONNECTION
"http://your-server-name/wms/mapserv.exe?map=c:/wms/orthos.map
<http://your-server-name/wms/mapserv.exe?map=c:/wms/orthos.map> &"

  METADATA
    "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
    "wms_format" "image/png"
    "wms_title" "NAIP"
    "wms_abstract" "NAIP 2007 imagery"
    "wms_srs" "EPSG:26919"
    "wms_onlineresource" "MaineOrthos-NAIP"
    "wms_name" "naip2007,naip10moverview,naip100moverview"
  END
END