[mapserver-users] Layer must have an EPSG or AUTO projection code

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Feb 26 05:24:42 EST 2009

Hi,

Just for clarification, are you trying to connect to some external WMS service and cascade it through Mapserver?
And the WMS layers that fail look something like this:

LAYER
  NAME "prov_bound"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTION "http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?"
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  METADATA
    "wms_srs"             "EPSG:42304"
    "wms_name"            "prov_bound"
    "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
    "wms_format"          "image/gif"
  END
END

What do you actually mean with "I have exported from QGIS. All layers are shape files."?

-Jukka Rahkonen-