[mapserver-users] Need help selecting vector data source

Pablo Romero romero619 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 3 19:42:18 EST 2009

hello,
I need help selecting a datasource to produce the following: a basic, high-resolution land map, showing ONLY coastlines and bodies of water.
basically, Im trying to emulate a type of image tiling that I found on another site, which I believe is also being produced using mapserver, but Im unsure about which data source/shapefile is being used.

Ive ATTACHED the image.
You can see that image includes a high-resolution map of the florida coast, including interior bodies of water.

Ive tried using the "admin98.shp" and "world_vector_shorelines.shp" in order to recreate these results, but these two shapefiles dont include interior bodies of water (lakes, ponds, etc.). Ive ALSO tried using the gshhs shapefiles (http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/shorelines/gshhs.html), and these *seem* like they might work, but they are broken up into separate shapefiles for coastal outline, lakes, ponds, etc., and these shapefiles are IN LINES instead of POLYGONS/POLYLINES, so I cannot figure out how to "fill" the space between "lines" with a different color  in order to make the landmasses and interior bodies of water "stand out".

So, simply put, my question is: can someone please help me figure out / recommend which data source I should use in order to produce output similiar to the image Ive attached? just high-resolution coastal outline and interior bodies of water IN decimal degrees (WGS1984?), please help....

P.Romero