[mapserver-users] Query result attribute sums / totals

Ben Madin ben at remoteinformation.com.au
Fri Jan 9 02:51:26 EST 2009

G'day all,

I have a straightforward query setup on a line layer showing movements
between locations over a selected time period.

When I select query mode, the data is returned beautifully (well, it's
nice to see it!)

#  	Date  	Species  	Number  	Purpose  	Origin  	Destination
Movement id
1 	07/07/2008 	Cattle 	40 	Slaughter 	Luangprabang 	Vientiane Capital
More Information
2 	15/07/2008 	Cattle 	7 	Sell To Middle Man 	Luangprabang 	Vientiane
Capital 	More Information
3 	27/07/2008 	Cattle 	5 	Slaughter 	Luangprabang 	Vientiane Capital
More Information

etc

However it would be really really great if the total Number over this
time could be calculated as a total, and put in the footer row.

(I have done this previously using mapscript, but for time reasons
don't want to go there at the moment.)

Is there an [attribute_sum] type of tag I can embed in the footer...
or any other suggestions?

cheers

Ben

--