[mapserver-users] libgdal error with php/MapScript

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Thu Jan 8 10:19:33 EST 2009

Le Thursday 08 January 2009 15:57:01 Guillaume Sueur, vous avez écrit :
> Can't it comes from an external lib dynamiccaly linked to gdal, like
> Ecwlib or other ? did you try to call your php page from the command
> line, which can give more information on missing dependancies ?
>
> regards,
>
> Guillaume
>
> Jacolin Yves a écrit :
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> Your libgdal.so.1 is installed in /usr/local/lib. You need to make sure
> >> that directory is in the system's library path. The simple way to do
> >> that is to add /usr/local/lib to the file /etc/ld.so.conf and then run
> >> /sbin/ldconfig as root to update the runtime linker's cache.
> >>
> >> Daniel
> >
> > Daniel,
> >
> > /etc/ld.so.conf and ldconfig command was already edited or run :(
> >
> > I am building PHP5 to see if this changes something,
> >
> > Thanks anyway,
> >
> > Y.

Sorry to Guillaume and Daniel :)

I built php5 and tested it: same problem. I realised that I stoped to test php
with command line ;) and indeed php -i | grep mapscript send same issue.

Daniel, I tried again to run ldconfig and it is now working!

The problem was resolved by removing the "build" file
in /etc/ld.so.conf/build containing "/usr/local/lib/" and adding this dir
directly in /etc/ld.so.conf ("include" command inside doesn't seems
working !)

Many thanks to all,

Y.
--