[mapserver-users] CGI mapserv.exe - BUFFER

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jan 8 14:31:19 EST 2009

Donald,

Ahh, I misunderstood your original question, I thought you were trying to buufer a feature.  You want to buffer the view with the features edges.

I ran into this same stuff a while back.  I think I eneded up (at the time) building a whole new BBOX value set with a serverside call.  It was a couple of trips to the server to get thing right, because you needed to get the feature BBOX first, then add in a buffer value to retrieve the real (desired) mapsize.

I think there has been some work on this since my trials with it though.  I'll need to deferr this to someone else I'm afraid.

Sorry about that.

bobb

>>> "Donald Kerr" <donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk> 01/08/09 1:23 PM >>>
Bobb,

I don't quite follow you there to be honest. The BUFFER states that it's "in
the same coordinate system as the map file". How could that be changed to
image pixel values? What I'm try to do effectively is set the width of the
created image to a certain distance e.g. BUFFER=10000 which (hopefully) will
give me an image that's 10km across no matter what pizel size I set in the
querystring.

Regards,

Donald